Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sleepy boy


An email from Diane:
"Aidan had a good day, Oma watched him so Sam and I could run to Groton to do some much needed banking! It was a quick trip and but it did give me a moment to run into the office and see my girls, got love and hugs from my 2 Laura's, 3 Michelle's, Gloria, Christina & Maureen it was wonderful because I miss everyone so much, also got to say "hi" to Dr.B & Claire! Oma did a great job watching Aidan, while we were gone the last of the chest tubes were removed and Oma got to rock and sing to Aidan for an hour. He also had his PT/OT session which he slept through... He also slept through his lunch but somehow still ate, Jackie his nurse (who is a amazing) said he would open his mouth and would eat but never woke up! Crazy kid... He had a "Echo" of his heart and tomorrow morning all the heart doctor's on his case will discuss when they will do the "Cath" to close up the hole attached to the small tube. He really is enjoying his food again even though it's "NO FAT" this is do to the new condition he has, don't ask me what it is since I can't remember what it's called, but he can't have any fatty foods for 3 months. Just before I came in here (the family room) to write this note he rolled over and tried to get on his knee's. He had an eye exam tonight also, which showed that his eye's looked good and he did react to the lights which is also good, but we will not know what damage there is until somewhere down the line, it has to do with the relay from the brain to the eye's and only time will tell. All the nurse's and doctor's in the PICU are fantastic I have no idea how we would have gotten through the past 3 weeks without them and ALL our incredible family and friends. I will never be able to thank each and everyone enough, my heart could just about burst!!!! WE are so very blessed. We love you all.... Diane, Rick, Sam & Aidan XOX P.S. And I thank my "cutie pie" Melinda for doing this blog for Aidan, it has been the best thing ever, she also helps to keep Sam from losing it on a daily basis. God love her!"

2 comments:

  1. keep trucking, Diane!! Sounds like we get to pick him up for cuddles & kisses soon.!!! So happy that Oma got to have that!!! adam , nick, anthony& william are watching him and want to come to see him soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 3:3
    But you are a shield around me,
    O Lord;
    you bestow glory on me and lift my head.
    Psalm 3:5
    I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the Lord
    sustains me.

    ReplyDelete